Monday, January 7, 2013

gallery wall project numero tres.

Another project I found on Pinterest!
I really liked the look of these...um...faux frames?
That's what I'm gonna call them.
 
 
Pinned Image
 
So I thought, "I could totally make that!"
First step: Buy your supplies.
I got a wooden plaque from Hobby Lobby for $2.99.
 
 
Then you pick out your paint colors.
I decided to do a crackle finish so I got a base color, the crackle coat, and a main color.
 
The first thing you do is paint the base coat. This is the color you want to see in the cracks. Apply it generously, and let this coat dry completely.
 
 
Once your base coat is completely dry, apply an even coat of the crackle paint over top. I didn't take a picture of this step because the crackle coat is clear.
Anyway, let the crackle coat dry until it is tacky to the touch.
Then you will apply the top paint coat evenly.
This will be the main color of your plaque.
Don't paint it too thick.
Your cracks will start to appear immediately.
The cracks will continue to appear as your plaque dries.
 
 
After the plaque has dried completely, choose a picture that you would like to put on it.
I printed my picture on printer paper because I didn't know what ModPodge would do to a regular picture.
Using a matte ModPodge, paint an even coat on the back of your picture, and then stick it on the plaque in a desired spot.
Once the picture is in place, you will then paint an even coat of the ModPodge over the entire surface.
 
 
Once it is completely dry, your project is complete!
 
 
 
I added the year in the corner of the picture on a photo-editing program.
 
So this is another project that will soon grace my gallery wall.
 
xoxo, wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment