Friday, June 21, 2013

gone girl.

I just finished the book, "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn.
I read the whole thing in about 3 days.
Once I got about 50 pages in, I couldn't put it down.



I've never been one to "see what's coming" in a book or movie.
I honestly never even think ahead. I think it's more fun to be in the moment, and figure out the twists when the author wants me to. And I have to say...I would have NEVER seen the twist in this book coming! I'm sure other people probably did...but I guess I'm not as smart as them. I was constantly switching sides between the characters, and by the end of the book, I hated EVERY single character. Not sure how I could enjoy a book so much when I hated everyone in it...but I guess you have to read the book to understand.

I'm also a pretty quiet reader. But this book had me gasping out loud and making all sorts of noises in reaction to what I was reading. I was constantly like, "Ahh! Ty, you're never going to believe what just happened!" Poor guy...he didn't check the book out from the library. But he knows pretty much the whole story now.

The one complaint I have about this book is the amount of times the author used the F word. I'm not a huge swearer...unless I hurt myself or am REALLY angry, but it doesn't really bother me when other people do, or when I read it in a book. But the F word was SO prevalent in this book, that at times it would distract me from the content. I'm sure the author used it to make the characters seem "harder," or whatever...but to me, it didn't make them seem hard. It made them seem a little unrealistic. I mean, who really uses the F word THAT often??

Anyway, if you don't mind the F word, or the occasional vulgar sex scene, I'd definitely recommend this book. I'm going to be looking into the other 2 books Flynn has written, because I loved this one so much.

If you read it, let me know what you think!

xoxo, wife.

2 comments:

  1. I read it and I felt the exact same way! It had many twists and turns! Amy sure was a determined lady! Psycho! I had a love hats relationship with this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was definitely a crazy lady! I just checked out one of Flynn's other books from the library. "Dark Places," I'm excited to see if it has the same kinds of twists.

      Delete