Thursday, July 18, 2013

Saw it, pinned it, did it.

I'm on Pinterest every day. Normally multiple times a day. Especially now that school's getting closer, because there are so many fun and brilliant teaching ideas on there.

Now I'll be totally honest. I pin stuff on my boards all the time, and I actually DO or USE the stuff maybe 5% of the time. I decided that this had to change. I'm running out of time, so I figured I should take advantage of my unplanned schedule to DO some of my pins.

I headed to Hobby Lobby with my mom and got some crafty supplies for a quick project.

The inspiration:

Cute for door decorations

I really liked the buttons, but I still wanted my sign to match my color scheme, which is greens, teals, and tans. So I decided to skip the buttons and grabbed some scrapbook papers. Here are the supplies.


Here are the steps:
Cut out the paper to fit the letter and Modge Podge it on.

Add another pattern of paper for some contrast.

Add a small strip of Notebook paper because after all, this IS a school-related project.

Slather the entire letter in a layer of Modge Podge.

Hot glue some burlap flowers on, because everything's better with some burlap!

Add some burlap ribbon to the back because...EVERYTHING'S BETTER WITH BURLAP!

Photograph the finished product. 


Then post it on Instagram so everyone can admire how crafty you were that day. Then get a compliment from a teacher who's practically famous, and brag to your husband about it!

xoxo, wife.


2 comments:

  1. It turned out really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness "babblingabby" commented on your picture! Oh my word...we need to got to dinner..celebrate...party like it's 1999! HOLY COW! ;) love ya!

    ReplyDelete