Monday, September 30, 2013

organization can calm the soul.

I've always liked things to be organized. You should see my Teacher Binders every year...organized to the max. I love seeing things in sections, folders, containers, etc.

However, I will confess that I am not always good at KEEPING things organized. Especially around the house. I remember when we moved in, I was so excited to organize all our cabinets, drawers and closets. And I loved looking around at all the neatness. But now....

Well, let's just say that we can't find anything, and can't always open a drawer without something getting caught.

So the other day I decided that something needed to be done. I wasn't looking forward to cleaning stuff out, but once I started, it was actually pretty therapeutic.

Kitchen drawer BEFORE: (and no, this is not our junk drawer.)

That's slightly embarrassing. Am I really posting this for other people to see?

And Kitchen drawer AFTER:

And just like that, the tension in my neck was released.

Then it was on to the kitchen cabinet (pantry.) This is the one I've been avoiding for the past two years. But I was already in the organizing mood, and I'd heard Ty complain about it one too many times. So I bit the bullet and did it.

Kitchen cabinet BEFORE:
You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I found in here, that I never knew existed. Or that I never remember buying.

And of course, this guy had to get in there and investigate.

And Kitchen cabinet AFTER:
 The crock pot goes down on the bottom right, but it was being used during this picture.

And then I had to take a break. Even though I love organizing, there IS such a thing as too much of a good thing. So I'll tackle something else another day.

xoxo, wife.

1 comment:

  1. Looks Great, keep up the good work it does help relieve stress!!

    ReplyDelete