Saturday, July 12, 2014

baby shower gift 101

My little cousin is having a baby and I was on the search for a baby gift. I had her registry, but sometimes I like to include something that's NOT on the registry. So I hopped on Pinterest and looked for some ideas. I found a pin that was called, "The Best Baby Shower Gift Ever," and clicked on it. I instantly saw how practical it was, and how easy it would be to put together. So here it is:

I don't really know what to call it...so I guess I'll say its a "Baby Info Organizer." Not that I have any children myself, but I do like to be organized. I can imagine that you get a lot of paperwork before/after your child is born that would likely just pile up on the counter. This organizer gives you a place to put all that information, and is portable, should you ever need to take it someplace with you.


Supplies: Some cute file folders (I got these in the Dollar Spot at Target. You don't see much of the folder, but it adds a nice little pop of color at the top.)


A 12-pocket file. (Also from Target.)


You could print labels to put on the folders, but I chose to handwrite them directly on the folders.
The 12 different sections I chose to use were:

-Birth Certificate and SS Card
-Keepsakes
-Milestones
-Pediatrician Visits
-Immunization Records
-Other Health Records
-Insurance Paperwork
-Nursing/Feeding Info
-Parenting Articles/Pamphlets
-Receipts/Warranties
-Manuals
-Miscellaneous


Then I stuck the folders in the pockets, and voila! 



It was so simple and easy that I'm probably going to make one for everyone I know that has a baby from now on! I could also do one for married couples as a wedding gift as well. It's a cheap and easy way to give a gift that will have some practical use, but that the recipients don't necessarily think of when registering.

Anyway, there's my project for the day. Time to go give it away!

xoxo, wife.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea and I think that Sammy really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a clever idea and so colorful, bet she really liked it.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete