Tuesday, October 7, 2014

i love my students.

I just really can't say that enough this year. I told Ty the other night that I'm already dreading when they graduate. As much as I love summer and always try to will it to get here faster, I'm already sad that this group will be going to first grade next year. I know, it's only 8 weeks in...but these kids are so awesome!

Today I was blown away by some of their writing. Most of these kids knew NO letters 8 weeks ago, let alone what sound the letters make, let ALONE what order to put them in to make a word. And now 2 months later, check this out!

I see a farm.

I can see grass.

I can see a tree.

Two months into kindergarten and they're already writing sentences. I'm like a weepy, proud momma over here! These kids have already stolen my heart this year. I tell them every day how awesome they are and how much I like them. I'm so thankful for this group of kids. I really needed this kind of a year. I feel rejuvenated and refreshed. I look forward to going to work every day. And I'm so thankful that we still have 150 days to spend together.

xoxo, mrs. miller

1 comment:

  1. That is such a heart warming blog, I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work and the faith.

    ReplyDelete