Sunday, October 19, 2014

pinned it. did it. #1

A couple weeks ago, I posted on Facebook that it was about time to conquer all the stuff I've pinned on Pinterest. I spend MORE than enough time pinning all this stuff I'd like to do someday...but I never actually DO any of it. I looked through some of my boards, and realized that I have some pretty good stuff on there, and I should get to work.

I decided to start off easy...those of you who know me know that I don't stick with stuff very long. (To be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised I've stuck with this teaching thing longer than 3 weeks.) I figured if I started off with something easy--and something I knew wouldn't fail--I'd be more likely to keep going.

So without further ado, I present to you my first "Pinned it. Did it" project. Here's the image I pinned:
This is "car essentials kit."

Ever have to meet someone after work, but don't have time to go home and freshen up first? Ever broken your nail, but don't have anything in the car to take care of it? Ever have a really bad cold, but forgot to grab some tissues before you left the house? I can raise my hand for all of those...and more. So I decided it would be a great idea (and really, why hadn't I ever thought of this?) to make one of these kits. 


I filled my kit with things I always wish I had in the car with me: makeup, bobby pins, tissues, and Advil. I also put in some things that I could see myself needing at some point during a long day: nail files, deodorant, bandaids, Tide to-go Pen, and a few other things that aren't pictured. 

This little kit was so quick and easy to put together, and will fit nicely in my center console (once I clean it out, that is.)

So there ya go. I can officially check something off the Pinterest list.

xoxo, wife.


2 comments:

  1. Let me guess.....you're just gonna throw that in the back, along with the lawn chairs & empty water bottles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm...it's in the glove box as we speak!

    ReplyDelete