Saturday, November 8, 2014

turkey week 2014

Last week was Pumpkin Week, and this week was Turkey Week!





After learning some new facts about turkeys, we began this awesome turkey project. We fill out this Can, Have, Are chart. The kids came up with all the words, and we figured out how to spell them together. Then they colored in their turkeys and wrote their words on the feathers above. 

We spent one morning learning about the different parts of a turkey. I made this chart and we labeled it together, and then the kids did one on their own. Their favorite fact they learned was that if the turkey has a fan in the back, it's a boy turkey. If there's no fan, then it's a girl.

Once we put our turkey projects together, I hung them out in the hall. Here's how they turned out.






I loved listening to my kids talking about turkeys with each other all week. One boy even came to class the other day and said, "Guess what? At supper last night I told my mom everything we've learned about turkeys. And some of the stuff she didn't even know...that means I know more than my mom!"

Up next, Wampanog Week! (Native Americans)

xoxo, mrs. miller

1 comment:

  1. Love your blogs, you do such interesting things. Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete