Sunday, March 1, 2015

saw it. pinned it. did it #4

Woah I'm on a roll with doing things I've pinned on Pinterest, huh? I've already done 4 in the last 2 months (she says sarcastically.)

Anyway, here was my problem:


I have TONS of gift cards. Tons. And I'm excited to use them. The thing is, I didn't really have any good storage for them. My mom had gotten me this little case that holds gift cards, but I had so many, that it didn't even shut anymore. And there were so many jammed in there that it was hard to actually see what I had. 

Then I found a pin on Pinterest that solved my problem. And all I needed was a hole punch and a key-ring, both of which I already had on-hand.


All I had to do was punch a hole in each card (careful not to punch on the strip that they run through the card-reader) and then put it on the key-ring. And that was that.


Now I can easily flip through them and take off what I need when I need it. I also made one for my rewards cards from different stores. I even put the ones off my keychain on it, and now my keys are less bulky.


Lesson I learned during this project: 
1. Gift cards are thick. You have to have a lot of hand strength to do this more than once. Your hands will be VERY sore when this is all said and done.
2. It's okay to yell bad words when you're trying to punch holes into these incredibly thick cards...as long as no one is home to year you yell them.

Suddenly I feel like a shopping spree followed by dinner and dessert and coffee...oh wait, I can do all those things because I have gift cards!

xoxo, wife.

1 comment:

  1. That is a very good idea and so much handier than trying to find them in a wallet or purse.

    ReplyDelete