Sunday, April 26, 2015

i used to be tan.

After spring break, everyone came back sporting their nice, new tans. Now, I used to be the tanning queen back in the day. And who cares if it was fake? I was tan. And I equate tan with healthy. I tanned all the time in high school, making the trip to the tanning salon at least 3 days a week. After high school I still went, but it wasn't quite as often. And then once Ty and I started dating (and I ran out of money) I figured I didn't need to impress anyone with my tan-ness anymore, and I could grace the world with my pastiness.

The last time I went tanning was in the month leading up to my wedding. It was blissful to end the day baking in a pool of my own sweat to end up with a nice summer glow in the spring.


And here's now. I prefer the above, honestly.



I really wish I could start tanning again. But I figure I'm probably only about 5 or 6 years away from getting some crows feet, so I don't really want to speed up that process. And then there's the whole skin cancer thing. I suppose it's better to be cancer-free and pale as a ghost.

However, in the summer months I am determined to rise above "pale as a ghost" and make my way to "faint tan lines."

Until then,

xoxo, wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment