Saturday, February 5, 2011

Date Night!

Ty and I decided to have a good, old-fashioned date night last night. We wanted to see dinner and a movie. The plan was to go to dinner at our favorite restaurant, Olive Garden, and then see "The Roommate."

So we get to Olive Garden at 6, and of course there's no way we can get in within the next 2 hours...there's not even a parking spot for us. So we end up going to Bob Evans, or as I like to call it, "The Old People Place." But the food was good, so my mood quickly cheered up.

We then hightailed it to the theater, and when we walked in, there were about 150-200 teenagers just milling about in the lobby. We thought it was weird, but approached the ticket counter. Upon purchasing our tickets for the movie, the cashier warned us that all of the teenie boppers in the lobby were waiting to see this movie. Apparently, PG-13 horror movies are the place to be if you're in high school. We were a little wary about it, but the guy told us that if it was really bad, they would refund our money, so we decided to take a chance.

Needless to say, the kids talked the whole time, had cell phones out, and kept getting up and walking around throughout the entire movie, but I didn't really care. I was just so happy to be sitting with my husband, watching a good movie. I suppose kids will be kids, but why let it bother me, when I'm with the one I love? Even though it didn't go quite as planned, Date Night was a lot of fun, and I can't wait until the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment