Tuesday, December 31, 2013

monday afternoon babysitting.

Boy, I love Christmas Break...I can't emphasize it enough.

Ty's brother and sister-in-law are in town for the holidays, and today I got the chance to babysit my niece while everyone went to see the new Hobbit movie. I gladly volunteered to watch Lydia, because I despised the first Hobbit movie and would have found any excuse not to have to go!

I was really excited to get to spend some one-on-one time with this little booger. Normally my in-laws get to monopolize the "grandchildren time," so I was happy to finally get the chance to babysit!

It's been about 20 years since I've watched Barney. It was about time I got to catch up on my former favorite show!


I wouldn't typically let a child lay on the coffee table, but she looked soooo cute!




Eventually, she got all the dog toys out and laid down with them and her blanket to watch tv.
Now...I'm no toddler expert, but I took that to mean that she might be a little sleepy. 
So I got her bottle ready and we snuggled on the couch. Next thing I knew....

She even snored a little bit!

I let her sleep for an hour and a half before I woke her up. About a half hour after that, everyone got home and we went out for some dinner. I snapped this picture of our nephew, Caleb. He was playing a game while we were waiting for our food. Check out his new cowboy boots from Christmas...I'm not sure they "go" with his outfit....


Loved this day of hanging with the little ones, especially my afternoon with Lydia. Can't wait until their next baby joins the family at the beginning of May! (I kinda like being an aunt!)

xoxo, wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment