Wednesday, March 11, 2015

dear husband,

Thank you.

Thank you for taking care of me while I was sick.
Thanks for calling every day on your way home to ask if I needed anything.
For buying me ice cream for my sore throat.
For offering to take me to the doctor, because you know doctors freak me out.
Thank you for asking if I needed extra blankets.
For allowing me to sleep in our bed while you took the guest bed.
For telling me countless times that you hoped I felt better soon.
For kissing me on my knee because you wanted to kiss me...but didn't want to get germs.
Thank you for not making fun of me for watching 12 hours of the Kardashians in 2 days.
Thanks for doing the grocery shopping while I was sick on the couch.
For not complaining that I didn't do laundry over the weekend.
For letting me get germs all over your computer while I wrote sub plans.
For bringing me ibuprofen when I needed it.
Thanks for buying me countless bottles of Powerade.
For buying me weird health drinks that I refused to try.
Thanks for encouraging me to rest and not overdo it.
For listening to me whine and complain for 4 days.
For getting me a cold cloth for my head when I had a fever.
For coming to check on me after I'd gone to bed.
Thank you for not totally complaining when I took 4 hot showers on Sunday because my fever made me freeze to death.
Thanks for loving me even when I looked like....well...really bad.
Thanks for asking if I was okay while having a coughing fit.
Thanks for encouraging me to stay home again today. Even though I wanted to get back to work, you knew I still didn't feel well, and it meant a lot that you weren't pressuring me to get back to work, and that you knew I could use another day of rest. (Around 8:30 this morning, I was really wishing I'd taken you up on that offer!)

You're a good husband. And I want you to know that I appreciate all these little things you did while strep throat kicked my butt. I love you.

xoxo, wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment