Monday, September 8, 2014

happy monday.

So today was a good day. Which says quite a bit for a Monday. I didn't sleep well last night and had a reallllllly hard time getting out of bed this morning. I probably yawned 34 times on my drive to work, and I just didn't anticipate today being a very good day.

But Monday proved me wrong.

My kiddos continue to show me each day how cool they are. They've got a LOT of personality and make me laugh a lot. They're still being really good, and when I picked them up from lunch today, I found out that they each got a piece of candy from the lunch aide because they were the best class at lunch today!

We're also getting good at Daily 5 (literacy centers). I walked around today making sure that everyone was doing what they were supposed to...and they WERE!

Listen to Reading (book on tape)

Word Work

Work on Writing

Read to Self/Read to Someone


Eventually during this time, I'll be able to pull small groups of kids to my table and work with them on specific skills that they need to work on...at their own pace. That's why establishing these centers and expectations is so important. That way I can work with students at their own level, while the rest of my kiddos are participating in activities that will better prepare them for reading. I'm so proud of my kiddos and all the hard work they're putting in to becoming life-long learners!

While I was checking folders today, I found this little gem:



Then this afternoon, one of my bosses asked to meet with me. She asked me to be a part of the High Ability (Gifted and Talented) team at school. There are only 3 other teachers on this team. We're starting a High Ability program at our school, and they wanted an advocate for the little kids (K-2). So my job will be to provide ideas, suggestions, feedback, and structure for what the High Ability services will look like in the lower grades. This is a great opportunity and will look good on my resume too!

So take that, Monday...guess you aren't as big and bad as you thought you were!

xoxo, wife.

2 comments:

  1. Well behaved and sooo cute too! Congrats on your new role!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIP HIP HOORAY on such a good Monday, You deserve that opportunity.

    ReplyDelete