Tuesday, March 3, 2015

newsflash

Things are changing around this old bloggy blog of mine. From now on, all my school-related posts will be on a separate blog. I've been debating this change for awhile, and I've come up with several reasons to add another blog.

1. If you're not an educator, you may not have any interest in what's going on in my classroom. Here, you can read solely about what's going on in my "real life" and in my brain. (Why you're interested in that is beyond me though...)

2. I strive to keep my "real life" and my work life separate. It's taken 3 and a half years to get this balance, but I want to maintain it. I spend so much time at work, that I feel like this blog often ends up being all about school, and not about me and my marriage, which is what this blog was created for.

3. I have some big goals when it comes to teaching. I've been really motivated lately to be a highly qualified teacher. I want to be a teacher that others try to be like, or get ideas from. I strive to become Teacher of the Year some year, and I want to be a mentor for other teachers. I want to continue to grow my Teachers Pay Teachers business and create resources that other teachers want to purchase and use in their own classroom. For all those reasons, I want to create a separate blog where I can eventually attract other teachers. (I realize this will take a LONG while to do, but I'm up for the challenge.)

If you're interested in following along on my teaching journey, you can check out my new blog, Our Day in K. You can follow it just like you do with this one. From now on, this blog will just be about my regular old life and thoughts I have floating around in my head. As always, if we're Facebook friends, you'll find silly quotes and stories from the school day on there.

I'm looking forward to this new journey, and to sharing it with you, if you care to follow along.

xoxo, wife.

2 comments:

  1. I will follow. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will follow both of you blogs,as I love reading them and look forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete