Wednesday, March 18, 2015

fun day at work

Last Friday, we had a Professional Development day at work.
No kids.
Just staff.

We have a couple of these a year and this one was focused on "team building." We spent the day doing different activities to build relationships and morale.

My favorite activity of the day by FAR was when we got to go to Gym class. We spent 45 minutes learning how to shoot a bow and arrow, and then shot arrows at ISTEP booklets...because standardized testing is for the birds!


This was my first attempt. I was so proud...but then I got even better as I kept shooting.



Apparently I'm left-eye dominant, so I was the only one who had to use the left-handed bow. It was a little awkward because my left arm is basically useless...I do pretty much nothing with it. But I got the hang of it and was eventually shooting from 20 yards. And STILL hitting the target each time haha!

I was all pumped to tell Ty (Mr. Bow & Arrow Man) how awesome I did and tell him that I now want a bow to just do target practice in the back yard.

The only downfall was when I held the bow wrong and hit myself in the arm with the string. It bruised up pretty nice though, so I was able to say I got a sports injury.

I also learned how to play the bongos...so that's cool too.

All in all, it was a super fun day. Fun to spend time with my coworkers and "taking back the school." This time of year is tough as a teacher. You're so close to the end...but still so far. Spring Break is in sight, but it's at the end of a LONG tunnel that's filled with parent teacher conferences, testing, report cards, standards, etc. So it was a much appreciated day. 

And we got to wear jeans...which is always a plus in my book!

xoxo, wife

No comments:

Post a Comment