Monday, April 13, 2015

spring break 2015

It was a rather uneventful spring break this year. Which is A-okay with me. I've read lots of things about introverts in the past year, and the one thing they all say is that introverts need ample time to rest and rejuvenate, whether at the end of the day, week, or during breaks from work. So rest and rejuvenate I did!

I started off last week with some spring cleaning. Like...DEEP cleaning. I swear our kitchen hadn't been this clean since we moved in! After these pictures, I also cleaned off the front of the refrigerator...too many things on there. Now it's pretty much empty and surprisingly made our kitchen look bigger! I also cleaned Ty's coffee maker and blender...which he apparently NEVER cleans. Yuck!



Tuesday I was feeling a bit under the weather, so I spent the day hanging out on the couch, watching tv, and researching some changes for the upcoming school year.

Wednesday I met up with one of my good friends to snuggle her sweet baby. She was a preemie, so she's 3 months old and only 10 pounds! So sweet!


Thursday I met up with my Mom for lunch and a quick trip to shop for Ty's birthday next week. Then it was back home to get some stuff done around the house.

Friday I dropped Abby off at the groomer, and had some free time to go shopping. I was in the market for a new shower curtain. After almost 5 years, I was ready for a new one. The challenge was: I only wanted a curtain...I didn't want to get all new towels, rugs, trash can, etc. I swear I was in the bathroom section at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for about an hour. All the ones I wanted were $50, and I knew Ty wouldn't like them. But I finally decided on one...AND it was on clearance. Bonus!

Here's the "before" of the bathroom. I loved this shower curtain...but as time went on, it just wasn't as white as it once was.


And here's the "after." I had no idea how much merely changing a shower curtain could change the look of a bathroom. I kind of love it. (And the steam from the shower has taken care of the wrinkles by now.)


I also stopped at Hobby Lobby. I think I could move in there and live quite happily. I was there for what seemed like ever, but only left with a few items. I got some new place mats for our kitchen table and something else for my gallery wall above the couch. Now I'm just waiting for Ty to hang it for me...I don't do well with hanging things myself...



Then it was time to go pick Abby up from the groomer. Whenever she comes back, she acts incredibly feeble and pathetic. So we spent the evening cuddling together until Ty came home from work.


Over the weekend, I did my yearly closet clean-out, and got some things ready for Goodwill. Did some more deep cleaning in the bedroom, and tried to get the hang of curling my short hair with my flat-iron...which is surprisingly easy.


And that's about it. Ty told me that he kind of wished my job was to stay home and keep our house immaculate all year, haha! (That tells you just how much I apparently slack during the school year!) Don't worry dear...9 more weeks and I'll be a full-time house-wife for 2 months!

As much as I loooooove my time off, and as much as I dreaded getting up and going to work today, I was incredibly happy to see my little ones and hear all about their weeks. I got especially mushy when they told me how much they missed me! Only 38 more days with these babies...can't believe how much time has flown!

xoxo, wife.

2 comments: