Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Date Night During Hunting Season

Our marriage has evolved quite a bit in seven and a half years. There was a bit of a learning curve in the beginning...especially in prioritizing our time. I'm an introvert and a homebody by nature, and love nothing more than spending nearly all my free time at home...or shopping! But I married my total opposite. Ty loves to be out and doing things often, especially his favorite hobbies: hunting and softball. We've both become better at prioritizing the important things in the last few years. I've come to accept (and even enjoy) that he will spend a good chunk of the fall up in a tree stand, and he's been better at making time for me when he's not.

A couple months ago (before hunting season even started), he told me to keep November 5th free. He had gotten tickets for us to go see Whose Line Is It Anyway at a local theater.

"But that's during hunting season, " I said.

"I know. I purposely planned it that way. I wanted to make sure I made time for you and we did something fun even during prime hunting season."

It may not seem like a big deal to most. But to know that he'd thought about it ahead of time and purposely planned it meant a lot to me. And it was a good time.


 

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you Blogging again. Hope it continues. Did Ty also buy you dinner at some fancy place with cloth napkins?

    ReplyDelete