Saturday, May 2, 2020

saturday

Today was a good day. It was beautiful out, and I believe it hit about 80 degrees, which is the warmest it's been all year so far.

I've taken Bryson out on the deck in his jumper, but we've never played outside in the yard, so we did that today. It was about 70 degrees when we went out. We found a nice shaded spot in the yard. He clung to me for the first few minutes...not entirely sure how he felt. He eventually warmed up to the idea of being outside, and even gave me some smiles.





{cheeks}




Then we came inside to play for a little while.





I was able to get out of the house today and do a little shopping. Between quarantine and a baby, I don't get much alone time, so it was really nice.

HOWEVER...when I got to the grocery store, there was a sign requiring customers to wear a mask if they are medically able to. Which I suppose I am (even though I'm SUPER claustrophobic.) I didn't think I was going to make it, but I surprised myself by keeping my mask on the whole time. I did buy a TON of groceries though, so I don't have to go back any time soon!



While I was out, I got a new snack for Bryson to try: baby cheetos! He loves them!




Then we went on a family walk. Our new house is in a tiny, one-road subdivision, so we're taking advantage of the large neighborhood behind our house while we're still living here. Since Bryson can't walk yet, he got his exercise by doing some yoga poses.




All in all, it was a great Saturday. It's crazy how much the weather (and a little break) can lift my mood so much.

Tomorrow's plan is live-streaming our church service, playing with the baby (hopefully outside again), and getting some more packing done. (And hopefully squeezing in a little time to read.)

xoxo, wife (& mommy)

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine the grass was a little strange for him. He is such a happy baby
    and I love him to the moon and back.
    Love Grandma Sue

    ReplyDelete