Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day at the Races.

Yesterday, my mom and dad took Ty and I to the Arlington Race Track in Illinois to watch some horse races!  I'd gone before a few years ago, but this was Ty's first time, and I think we awakened a monster! He got so into it! He loved analyzing the stats on the horses and picking the smartest choices to bet on. It seemed like he and my mom won something every single race, while my dad and I sat by wondering why the heck we had such bad luck. At the end of the day, Ty only lost about $3.00, and I finally won $64.00 in the last two races, so I made back some of the money I'd lost. I certainly didn't come out on the positive end, but it was fun to finally win something! Here are some of the highlights from our trip.

 Disgusting dead bug my dad found.

 Hubs seriously analyzing his choices.




See #8? Allllllllllllllll the way on the right side over there? Yeah, he won me a lot of money about 1 second after this picture was taken. Woo Hoo!

The scariest quote of the day? When Hubs said, "This is so fun! I wish it was closer to our house so we could go all the time!" I for one, am terribly grateful its so far away...it could get us in some serious trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment