Tuesday, October 15, 2013

i cooked.

So yesterday I had the day off. I like days off. Like, I REALLY like them. I like them so much that I even cooked dinner to celebrate.

I like to call this: Chicken Tater Tot Casserole in the Crock.

I put half a bag of tater tots in the bottom of my crock pot. Then I sprinkled some cheese on top of them. (I used a Mexican 4-Cheese blend because that's what we had.)

Then I diced up about a pound of chicken breasts and threw that in. I put some salt, pepper, and garlic powder on.


 I put another layer of cheese on top of the chicken and then topped it off with the rest of the tater tots.

I poured 3/4 cup milk over the entire thing and let it cook 4 hours on low.

The result was a gooey, cheesy, chickeny mess. But it was VERY yummy.

The chicken was a smidgen on the dry side, and I'm really picky about dry chicken. So in the future, I'd either put more milk in or not cook it quite as long. But it must've been good because Ty had 2 bowls. And on the plus side, there's enough leftover for lunch the next two days. So that's one less thing to have to think about.

Dear Christopher Columbus, 
Thank you for giving me the day off so I felt motivated enough to make dinner. That's what I call a productive Monday.

xoxo, wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment