Monday, October 21, 2013

parts of my day that stood out.

-One of my lovelies was sent home for choking another student. Yep, choking. This was AFTER he threw another kid on the ground and jumped on top of him, pinning him to the ground.

-We're in the middle of completing a project for Red Ribbon Week. Part of our project has to do with what we want to be when we grow up. I asked one of my students what he wanted to be when he grew up. He replied with a completely straight face, "A robber."

-Other future occupations in my class: mermaid and Tooth Fairy.

-One of my kids threw a MASSIVE fit today. Screaming, throwing my stuff around the room, kicking my cabinets...all that. He had to be carried out of my room, still kicking and screaming. This was the aftermath.
For the record, YES, he did have to come back from the office and clean it all up.
And YES, that was his only punishment.
And YES, I expressed frustration about that being his only punishment.
And NO...nothing else happened.

And to think, there's still 4 more days til the weekend. I can't imagine what kinds of things will happen before then! However, Parent Teacher Conferences are this week, and I have a LOT of things to discuss with some of these parents.

xoxo, wife.


2 comments:

  1. You certainly have your hands full. I know I would never have the patience to try to teach these kids.
    Love You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really have the patience for it either! My boss told me that he's surprised I'm not an alcoholic!

      Delete