Monday, January 27, 2014

snow days.



In my 26 years of living in IN, I cannot remember a winter quite as cold as this one.
This winter has been pretty brutal, and I've been daydreaming about moving to Georgia.

Anyways.
This is my 2nd snow day off in a week.
The 5th snow day overall this year.
And school is cancelled for tomorrow too.

Ty's even off work today because the county offices closed.
There's currently a travel ban.
$2500 fine if you're out on the roads.

So what are you supposed to do with all this free time?
Plan lessons ahead?
No...because you left your school bag at work last Thursday, thinking you'd be back on Friday.
But you weren't.

We've been spending a lot of time watching tv, playing games, reading, relaxing, making doggy burritos.

For some reason, I just can't seem to be productive on snow days. I seem to think they are ONLY for being lazy.

But I will say that a little while ago, we cleaned the bedroom.
Not just "straightened up."
I'm talking a pretty major deep cleaning.
I'm the first one to admit that we neglect our bedroom.
No one ever goes in it.
But I love when it looks nice, like it does now!


Let me explain those blue pillows.
Our sheets were getting yucky, so we got rid of them. We had a spare set of king-size sheets that we decided to use, but they're periwinkle.
Oh well, like I said, no one ever goes in there except us.

But while cleaning, I came up with a to-do list for this spring/summer for the bedroom.

To Do:
-Get sheets that match the bedding.
-Get/make a headboard.
-Paint our bedroom furniture.
-Get new blinds/shades for the windows.
-Get a new laundry hamper (ours was the cloth kind that hangs on the wooden thingy. Abby ripped it one day when she was being naughty while we were at work. I still haven't replaced it. I'm starting to feel like a neglectful wife....ripped hamper, periwinkle sheets, yucky blinds. Just keeping it real, folks.

I normally don't care at all what the bedroom looks like. But I think it would be nice to spend a little time and money on the room that's "ours." 

Now we're off to do some more tv watching, relaxing, pet-cuddling snow day activities.

xoxo, wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment