Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Life of a Hunter's Wife

For those of you who don't know already, Ty is an avid deer hunter. When we were dating, I had no idea how much this would impact my life. I am currently writing this blog as my husband sits on the phone talking to his dad for the last 30 minutes about deer. Before that, he was on the phone with a lady whose property he hunts. Our freezer is currently stocked with deer meat (definitely NOT my favorite, but not terrible either.) And part of my parking space in the garage is occupied with a gun that he has decided to camoflage with spray paint. There are often deer hunting dvds (yes, they actually MAKE those) in our blue-ray. My web browser is bogged down with sites such as bowhunting.com and the like. I hear countless stories about things that I have no desire to know, such as the fact that bucks lose their antlers at the end of the winter, and that there is currently a deer on his dad's property with a "drop tine" that they named...weird.

But you know what? As much as I might complain that I miss seeing him on the weekends for 3 months out of the year, and as tired as I get of listening to hunting stories, I am so glad that Ty has something he is so passionate and excited about. Its so fun to see him come home after a long day of hunting, with camo paint and a huge smile on his face, because he enjoyed his day so much. So I will gladly sacrifice some weekends and listen to a few boring deer stories, as long as I know that it will make him as happy as it does. So Tylan, I may ACT like I hate everything to do with hunting, but its just that, an ACT. I love you, and love that you have a hobby that you are so pumped about!

No comments:

Post a Comment