Monday, July 2, 2012

doggy.









Don't you just wanna eat her up?
I do.
This is Abby.
I got her when I still lived at home, a few months after Ty and I started dating.
She's 5 years old now, and the sweetest thing.
She's as jealous as snot (is snot jealous?) and I worry what will happen if we have kids someday.
I taught her how to shake and roll over for treats.
She loves ice cubes.
Whines in the car. A lot.
Once ate a whole box of Fannie Mae mint meltaways...then ruined my white rug when she threw up 8 times on it.
She has an uncanny sense of boundaries in un-fenced yards.
Scared to death of fireworks.
She sleeps with us in bed every night.
Sneezes when she gets really excited about something.
She loves to wear clothes...especially her Notre Dame hoodie.
She has allergies and chronic ear infections, which have been a pain the last few years.


Now she has a cataract in her right eye.
Little thing can't catch a break, huh?
After a {minor} heart attack at the vet's office when he told me, the vet calmly explained that it's nothing to worry about, because there's nothing they can really do about them. She's compensating for the loss of sight with the other eye, so we're just keeping an eye on it for now.
And we've been making jokes about it for the last week.
But it still makes me sad.
She's been my little baby since I was 19. And I hate that this has happened to her.
It certainly hasn't affected her sweetness though.
I never get tired of how excited she is to see us when we come home.
She can put a smile on our faces so easily.
And she makes a darn cute witch, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment