Thursday, August 1, 2013

it had to be documented.

Alert the media...I actually cooked last night.

Since Ty and I have such different eating habits, we typically eat two separate things each night. I told him that I'd cook something, and he mentioned that my meatballs sounded good. I got out my recipe binder yesterday morning, and guess what? Totally lost the recipe. I cook so infrequently that I'm a Follow-The-Recipe-To-a-Tee kinda girl. So I was at an impasse. Do I cancel Meatball Meal and make Something Else or heaven forbid, wing it?

I decided to be adventurous and wing it. I knew all the ingredients I normally use; just not the measurements.

In case you're wondering (not that you'd EVER wanna take cooking advice from me) here are the ingredients you need for my Chicken Parmesan Meatballs:

1 package ground chicken
EVOO
1 egg
bread crumbs
mozzarella cheese
garlic salt
parsley
basil
italian seasoning

Again, I had no instructions for measurements, so I just kinda threw the stuff in there. It looks like a lot more cheese than it really was. It was probably 1/2 cup.

I decided to make the meatballs large. They cooked for about 30 minutes at 350. And they were so moist, you could barely pick them up with a fork before they fell apart.

I decided to make an open-faced meatball sandwich with mine. Ty sauteed some peppers and onions to eat with his.

It was fun to actually cook something for both of us for a change. I really need to get in the habit of doing this more often. Chicken is a safe thing to make that I like and he'll eat as long as I don't add too much fatty crap to it. 

Well this was a boring post. But like I said, it had to be documented.

xoxo, wife.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't realize there was that much cheese in it....maybe next time we could lesson that just a touch. :)

    ReplyDelete