Thursday, February 19, 2015

my love/hate relationship with snow days.


I've lost track of how many snow days we've had at this point. Probably somewhere around 7 or 8. I have some seriously mixed feelings about them.

On the one hand, the feeling you get at 5:39am when you get that text that tells you to go back to sleep is just out of this world! Sitting on the couch in sweats when you would normally be teaching writing isn't too bad either. Staring out the window and hardly being able to see the house across the street is much warmer than actually being out in that nastiness. I get ridiculously happy when I find out we have a snow day.

On the other hand, we already don't get out of school until June 5. If we find out we have to tack on all these snow days, we'll be going to school until mid to late June. That's unacceptable for me. Today I will also miss out on about 48 hugs, 12 times of accidentally being called "Momma," and countless funny comments. 

So while I'll GLADLY take this day to clean up the house, get some work done, and binge-watch Netflix...I'll be grumbling on June 15th when I'm stuck inside my classroom with no windows on a gorgeous summer day.

xoxo, mrs. miller





No comments:

Post a Comment