Tuesday, February 10, 2015

one of my favorite posessions

Early on in our relationship, Ty told me that every girlfriend should receive 3 gifts from her boyfriend: flowers, one of his sweatshirts, and a teddy bear. I got all three.

The flowers and the sweatshirt were special, but I specifically remember the night he gave me the teddy bear. It was raining cats and dogs and we had a date at the movies. He gave me the teddy bear in the car on the way. When we were walking to the car after the movie, we noticed a humongous puddle (like a small lake, really) in front of his car. Instead of making me walk through it--instead of driving up for me to get in, he picked me up and carried me across. And my teddy bear was waiting safely on the car seat for me to snuggle on the drive home.

That bear is one of my favorite possessions. He hung out in my room when I lived at home, I slept with him every night when I lived on my own, and now he lives in a place of honor on my night stand. I'm honestly surprised that his "Ty" tag (haha, get it?) is still in tact, although it's pretty wrinkled. His name is Wittle, and he means so much to me. It was likely one of the least expensive gifts Ty has ever given me (and I'm not saying that I'd like a whole teddy bear family to go with him) but the fact that it was one of the first things he gave me is so special. The fact that it was one of the "three gifts" a girlfriend should get from her boyfriend. The fact that the teddy bear brings back memories of being carried across a lake-sized puddle after a date. It's all just incredibly special.


xoxo, wife.

1 comment: