Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's the Little Things

So I'm sitting on the couch right now, working on some stuff for work. I look over, and Ty's sitting in his favorite green chair, in his boxers, watching one of his favorite shows, and lets out a huge fart, declaring, "Well, that's gonna smell!" While this would normally gross me out to the max, and I would make some snide comment about how disgusting he is, and I wish he could contain himself, this time it was different. I mean, he's sitting here right now in his underwear for crying out loud...something I would definitely never do, and he let a huge one rip...something I also would never do. I realize how comfortable he must be with me to be able to do these things, and even though its 100% disgusting, its somewhat of a comfort to me too. Its the little things like looking over at my farting, boxer-clad husband, that make me realize how completely comfortable and content I am with my marriage.

Its kind of sad that it takes boxers and farting to remind me of this, but sometimes its the little things that make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment