Sunday, November 24, 2019

being a bridesmaid

A little less than a year ago, I received an invitation in the mail. Not a typical birthday party invitation, though. This invitation had pictures of my cousin Sarah and I when we were little, along with a question: will you be my bridesmaid?







My first and oldest friend, Sarah was also a bridesmaid in my wedding in 2010 (holy moly, almost TEN years ago!)



I was honored to accept the job. And when I found out I would be 7 months pregnant during the wedding (yikes), and offered to step down from my duties, and said I would totally understand if she didn't want a pregnant bridesmaid...she wouldn't even hear of it. (In fact, I was not the only pregnant bridesmaid!)

It was literally the HOTTEST day of the year. Perhaps even the hottest day of my life (and definitely the hottest day of my pregnancy.) It was about 95 degrees with the heat index. Blazing sunlight. They had chairs set aside for any pregnant bridesmaids (ahem) that might have felt faint and needed to sit down. Luckily the chairs weren't needed. But I wouldn't have traded that day for the world. It was an incredibly special day filled with love and happiness.

However, it was also filled with a bit sadness. The memory of her mom was strong that day. I spent the morning and early afternoon with the all the girls getting hair and makeup done and getting beautiful dresses on. And I couldn't help but tear up multiple times through the day when I wished so badly that my Aunt Robin was there to help Sarah into her dress, or hug her one last time before walking down the aisle.

This pictures is breathtaking...I don't even have words for how I feel when I look at it.


It was a lonnnnng (HOT) day, and by the end my feet were swollen and I was so ready to get home and sleep. But I'm so happy that I was able to be a part of it.






Oh look, Baby Bryson in my belly!








Congratulations to Sarah and Tyler. We wish you a lifetime of love, blessings, and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment