Saturday, November 30, 2019

play dates

Baby Bryson is 12 weeks old as of last Tuesday, and has had THREE play dates in the last week! (Yes, I know he can't play...he can't even reach for a toy yet!) But it has been nice to get out of the house, catch up with my girlfriends, and love on their kiddos a little too!

I wish I had taken more pictures while we were on these adventures, but I've just been so happy to hang out that I've found myself leaving my phone in the diaper bag or my back pocket. And that's refreshing sometimes too!

Our first play date was last week at my high school friend Lauren's house. She got to meet and snuggle Bryson, and it was fun to see her new house and spend time with her 3 year old and her 6 month old. As I was watching her baby throughout the morning, it was crazy to see just how much Bryson is going to grow and change in just a few short months!

Earlier this week we went to hang out at my maid-of-honor Sara's house for awhile. She has a 19 month old, and he was fascinated by Bryson. He liked to put the pacifier in Bryson's mouth and then promptly take it away from him! He did that over and over. It was funny until Bryson decided he didn't like that game anymore!

The next day we went to my friend Colleen's house, and our friend Megan came too. Megan also has a 19 month old who could not have cared less that Bryson was there haha! Colleen has a 3 year old named Lucy who has been watching videos of Bryson every day and has been begging her mom to meet him. The second I walked in the door she said, "Lisa, may I hold Baby Bryson?!"

He doesn't look entirely comfortable, but she's only 3...what do you expect?!


She "held" him probably 5 times, helped me feed and burp him, brought me my diaper bag when I needed to change him (and got her OWN wipes for me to use!), rubbed his back when he was sleeping, and helped me get him back into his car seat when we left. She was so sweet and thanked me for bringing Baby Bryson over to her house to play with her.

I'm looking forward to more play dates in the future...especially when Bryson can actually play and interact with other kiddos!

-xoxo wife (& mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment