Sunday, September 29, 2013

cinnamon apples.

I've been really craving apples lately, and have been eating them like they're going out of style. Since it's fall now, I wanted to try to make cinnamon apples, which is something I've always liked, but have never made before.

In the crock pot (something we don't use nearly enough) I put:

-about 12 small to medium Gala apples, peeled and sliced
-1 cup water
-3/4 cup white sugar
-1/2 cup brown sugar
- a bunch of shakes of cinnamon (I love cinnamon so I put a ton.)

Then I mixed it up and cranked the crock pot up to high for 4 hours.


When they were done they looked like this:


It was up to this guy for the verdict.

And this yummy fall treat was approved!

Note to Self: Next time when making apples for two, it's totally ok to use the small crock pot. The Big Daddy is not so necessary.

xoxo, wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment