Tuesday, December 24, 2013

four down.

1. Make gingerbread houses. See who's is better. (Mine.)
2. Bake and decorate Christmas cookies together.
3. Watch a Christmas movie marathon in our jammies.
4. Donate a toy to Toys for Tots
5. Get all bundled up and go for a walk in the snow.
6. Drive around and look at Christmas lights.
7. Get coffee and take it to someone who needs a little Christmas cheer.
8. Actually send Christmas cards this year....
9. Take a picture with Santa.

Today was my first official day of Christmas Break. Can I get a Hallelujah?! I spent the day doing the Mount Everest of laundry and the dreaded gift wrapping.

The enemy.

I literally wrapped for 2 and a half hours. It was torturous. There are not words to describe how much I hate wrapping presents. It's not that I dislike doing something nice for others....it's that I'm so BAD at it. But it got done and now the tree finally looks complete (for 2 days.)

After Ty got home, it was time to cross another item off the list. It was Christmas Cookie Making Time.


Shhhh...don't tell Martha Stewart that these weren't made from scratch.





Here are my finished cookies.

Here are Ty's finished cookies.

Ty would like you to see the following cookies up close because he is proud of them.


He would like you to see this next cookie up close as well. This cookie is mine...and he made fun of it. 
It didn't turn out exactly how I'd hoped.

Who knows if these cookies will even be any good to take to Family Christmas #1. But we're taking them anyway. We'll probably be the only ones who eat any...and that's ok. At least they look cute!


xoxo, wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment