Sunday, July 27, 2014

one of those moments

You ever have one of those moments? You know--one of those moments where you just look around and go, "whoa." I had one of those this evening.

I took Abby on a walk. Normally when I'm walking, I'm walking fast to try to burn some calories. But tonight I decided to slow down and just enjoy a nice evening walk after a storm earlier this afternoon.

The temperature was perfect. There was a beautiful breeze. I was listening to great music. We narrowly avoided being eaten by a ferocious beagle. And I looked up and saw the sky.



And I just had one of those "whoa" moments. Where I realized again how amazing life is and how blessed I am that God chose to share it with me. And the entire rest of my walk--the exact same route I take almost daily--was filled with gratitude to Him.







Whoa.
Nothing I saw on my walk today was extraordinary...in fact it was very ORDINARY. The same stuff I see all the time. But what an amazing experience. I love those moments when I'm reminded of the beauty of life. And how content I am.

{And I only got 8 mosquito bites!}

xoxo, wife.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful moment or should I say moments to have on a lovely evening walk with Abby.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete