Sunday, April 12, 2020

baby's first easter

Okay...I didn't think it could get much cuter than Valentine's Day, but I was wrong. I present to you: Bryson's first Easter pictures:


(shoutout to Ma for crocheting this Easter basket for Bryson while he was still in my tummy last year!)





This was not what I had pictured his first Easter being like. I wanted to take him to church to celebrate Jesus' resurrection. I wanted to show off his cute Easter outfit to everyone. I wanted a picture with the Easter Bunny. I wanted to spend time with family. But here we are, on our second holiday of quarantine...church at home on the couch, Easter baskets dropped off on the front porch, Facetiming family from afar, and spending the day cleaning and prepping the house for our realtor to come this week (which is probably a good thing...lots to do!) However, the meaning of the day is still there. I spent the day exclaiming to Bryson that "Jesus lives! Yayyyy!" While it's not ideal...it's our reality, and we have to make the best of it.

However...we have ONE more holiday picture in the "baby's first holidays" series (4th of July.) And all this better be over by then!

Happy Easter!
xoxo, wife (& mommy)

1 comment:

  1. He is the sweetest Easter Bunny ever. I love all the pictures and he
    is really growing up so fast. I sat at home by myself on Easter. Holidays
    have not been great this year. But This Too Will Pass.
    Love you Grandma Sue

    ReplyDelete