Wednesday, July 10, 2013

currently:

Currently there is nothing fabulous going on, so I have nothing to write about other than what's currently going on.... the nothing-ness. So here you go...

Currently:

Listening to: MTV playing in the background. Laguna Beach to be exact. Brings me back to my high school days. The girls used to get together almost every week just to watch this half hour show about how the "other half" lives in Laguna Beach, CA. We were obsessed. In a healthy way, of course.

Reading: Night Road by Kristin Hannah.
Night Road is the 13th book I've read this summer. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that. I told Ty that people are going to think that all I've done this summer is sit around reading. I promise I only read maybe an hour during the day, and the rest of it is at night.

Eating: Nothing. But there's a bowl of leftover mac and cheese calling my name for lunch in a couple hours.

Working on: Figuring out how I want to structure my math and literacy blocks for school in the fall. I've been doing a lot of research and reading a lot of kindergarten/first grade blogs to see how other teachers do things. I think it's fun to see how other teachers do things, and get new ideas from them. 

Thinking about: How summer is over in 3 and a half weeks. It's incredible how fast time flies when you don't have to work. It's also incredible how much more fun it is to be paid for staying at home, rather than working my butt off for 10 hours a day. It's definitely a blessing to be paid through the summer. 

Looking forward to: Beach Day with my Hubby. We were supposed to go on a mini vacation this weekend up to Lake Michigan, but he had some problems with his truck and it cost an arm and a leg to fix it. I suggested cancelling the trip since we just spent all that money. But Ty still has the day off Friday, so he said that we could head up to the beach for the day. My favorite beach activities: getting tan, reading, and people watching. People watching is probably my number 1.

Realizing: That this might be the most pointless post in the world. So I think I'll finish now.

xoxo, wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment