Saturday, July 27, 2013

what my iphone says about my life lately.

I took an old baby formula can (thanks to my sis-in-law) and used some washi tape to cutesy it up.
I'll be storing sight word popsicle sticks in it.


Speaking of sight words, I've adopted a whole new list for this year. Lord help me, I'm going to attempt to teach the kids 100 sight words by the end of the year. In case you don't know, sight words are words that kids need to be able to recognize instantly by sight. They are all words that appear very often in print, and more often than not, cannot be sounded out phonetically. Hence the reason that it's going to be difficult to teach 100 of them, on top of all the other words we learn to read. I've taught 75 a year in the past, but I think I can push them to get to 100!

I scored this super cute ottoman for my reading area at school ON CLEARANCE! Whoop Whoop!

I'm a storage container Queen. I stopped by the Dollar Store to pick up these containers in my classroom colors. The buckets will be used to store math centers, and the smaller containers will hold game pieces, dominoes, dice, etc. All of this was less than $20.

Ty brought me flowers the other day, because he thought I seemed a little sad the night before and thought I could use a pick-me-up.

I got a notification on my phone that informed me I sold my first product on Teachers Pay Teachers! It's a website where teachers can create and sell resources for other teachers. I created and put up some things before school was out for the summer, and have been waiting patiently for something to sell. The other teachers have been at it awhile, and have learned how to make really awesome stuff with all this cool clip art and font stuff, but I'm still learning. I was happy that I finally sold something, though. Unfortunately, it was only a $1 item, and I made a whopping 30 cents on it! I'm raking in the big bucks now!


I made some flower magnets. I also made some with buttons in my classroom colors, but I didn't take a picture of them.


I made this upper/lower case matching game with plastic spoons. Seems silly, but the kids will get a kick out of playing a game with spoons.

I know this is blurry, but I had to capture this one. I spent over an hour laminating the other day. We never hang out in the office, so Bubba was intrigued and spent the entire time with me in there. He even curled up and laid in ABBY'S spot! This is where we keep Abby sometimes when we leave for the day, so she's got her own little bed area.

And last but not least, these are the name tags I picked for my kids this year. I think they're soooooo cute! I also got bulletin board borders to match!!

And that's pretty much what my iphone has to say about my life lately.

xoxo, wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment