Tuesday, July 23, 2013

weekend shenanigans.

Yesterday I posted about Lohmar's wedding that we went to Sunday, so now I'll go back to Saturday. Sometimes it's okay to go backwards. 

I heard about a "Free Teacher Store" that a local organization was doing. All I had to do was take my ID, and I was able to get all this stuff for my classroom for FREE! Those are 3 brand new backpacks I'm holding. Still in the plastic...FREE! Pencils, crayons, colored pencils, binders, folders, notebooks, pens, tape, etc...ALL FREE! Free is my favorite number.



We had gotten tickets to see South Pacific at a local theater. We got there and realized that there were two different productions of the show. One was the All Adult production, and the other was an All Children's production. Guess which one we accidentally got tickets to. Yep...the kid's one. So all the actors were 14 and under. We decided to stay, and it was actually pretty good.

Ty used some of his money from selling his motorcycle to get this 4-Wheeler to help with all the work he and his dad do in the woods. I had never seen it (or the woods, really), so he took me for a ride, and then took Caleb (who is staying with Ty's parents for the week) for a quick spin. I got hit in the head with thorny sticks. Caleb did not.



 Then we had some dinner and hung out for awhile. Ty and Caleb wrestled, and I tried to protect myself from the occasional flying leg or elbow

 We also went to Red Lobster with them after church on Sunday. Caleb ordered an ADULT portion of crab legs. He's 7. No one at the table knew how to crack them open effectively, and we were schooled by the waitress. It was all very funny.



Thank you Weekend. For your fun-ness. It was well received.

xoxo, wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment