Tuesday, June 10, 2014

life according to my iphone.

It's officially summer vacation.
Can I get an Amen?
I never thought I'd make it through the year. But I did, and now I'm taking full advantage of 8 glorious weeks off.

I was looking through some pictures on my phone and getting ready to delete them.
I decided to document them here first, and then press delete.

 In my ever-present desire to become more domestic, I planted some flowers. I haven't planted flowers in a few years because I can never seem to keep them alive. Luckily, they're still going strong.



Then I lost all domestic points I had earned by botching some ice cream sandwiches.
Oh well.

Cut some lilacs from the bush in the backyard and put them in a mason jar inside. 
Love the smell.

Way back when we had our patio put in, the builder guys had to level the yard. So they dug up a bunch of dirt, and we've had trouble getting grass to grow there ever since. So Ty tilled the area up and planted more seed.
And we're currently STILL waiting.

Two weeks before school was over, I got pretty sick. This was the sickest I'd been in quite awhile and I *gasp* took 2 days off work. (I hadn't taken a sick day in 2 years.) 
Abby however, was pleased that I stayed home.

I love me some evening patio time.

 And I love love love this guy. He makes my heart melt!

I finished up grading and report cards.
Hallelujah!

Then it was time for Kindergarten graduation, end of the year activities, and packing up my room to be cleaned over the summer.

I also got to work on my photography skills at a recent softball game.

And that's pretty much that.
Now I'm off to continue enjoying my first week of summer.

xoxo, wife.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures and more power to you to enjoy your summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete