Friday, January 3, 2020

2019 recap

On date night the other night, Ty asked me if I had a good year. While it wasn't always fun, last year had to be the best year yet, because it ended with Bryson. In looking at my Top Nine most liked photos last year, it's safe to say there was a definite theme:


I thought I'd do a quick recap of 2019 to reflect back.

January: Found out I was pregnant. 
Literally still in the bathroom...I had just found out about 90 seconds ago. My eyes are red and watery! I told Ty about 20 minutes later with a Dad mug, which he promptly dropped on the counter in shock.








February: Announced the pregnancy to our parents and Ty's brother and family, was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, and was sicker than a dog. I began throwing up every day around 6:55am, just before leaving for work at 7:00. It was almost like clockwork. 



March: Announced pregnancy to everyone else. Still sick.  The month was heavily focused on third grade test prep. Literally no pictures from this month.

April: Spring Break, lost my aunt Jenny suddenly, celebrated Easter, Ty turned 33, my belly finally popped, and found out we were having a boy!




May: Finished the school year, celebrated our 9th anniversary, packed up my classroom for a year of maternity leave, and lost my cousin Robby.





June: Bridesmaid in Sarah's wedding (on the hottest day ever.)





July: Fourth of July, Baby shower and finished the nursery!






August: More baby prep, went back to work for a couple weeks, I turned 32, and work baby showers for me and Ty. Ankles swelled to an ugly size, so I started maternity leave early. Went on one last date night as a family of two!








September: Baby Bryson was born! Jaundice and doctor visits ruled the first couple weeks. Learned how to function on no sleep, decided to build a house.









October: Newborn photos, started to get a new routine figured out, Bryson was baptized, hunting season started, Bryson met his uncle Bryce, signed construction loan, Bryson's first Halloween.










November: Bryson's first Thanksgiving, Ty got a buck, closed on our lot and house







December: Visited Santa, said goodbye to our sweet baby Abby, visited my work with Bryson,  celebrated Christmas, and got together with my girlfriends for coffee while they were all off work. 








Again, quite a theme to 2019. Finding out in January that I was pregnant means that the whole year was literally all about our little guy. But I wouldn't have it any other way. It's so weird thinking that on New Year's Eve last year, we didn't even know that he'd be the perfect exclamation point to our year, and to our little family. But we are so blessed every day by him. 

Here's to an amazing 2020!

xoxo, wife (& mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment