Monday, January 27, 2020

early morning


Today we got up early.

I started to hear Bryson "talking" to himself in his bassinet around 4:30 this morning. I groaned as I rolled over and popped his pacifier back in, hoping that he'd fall back asleep and we could have a couple more precious hours. That was clearly not his plan, as he promptly spit that paci out and continued making noise. I let him babble for awhile, preparing myself for another early morning (yesterday he got up around the same time.) I grumbled a bit to myself that I should have gone to bed earlier, and that I wasn't in the mood to get up yet.

Then as he started to actually get fussy, I popped my head up over the bassinet so he could see me. Even in the darkness, with only the night light on his sound machine to illuminate my face, he smiled at me. He was so happy to see me. Suddenly, I wasn't quite so grumpy anymore.

Normally, the first thing I do is get him up, take him into his room and change him, then get a bottle. Not this morning. We took it slow. I unswaddled him, and laid him in bed with us. By this time, Ty's alarm was going off, and we all snuggled in bed for a bit before getting up to start our morning.

No, I don't enjoy being up that early. But the fact that Ty got to enjoy some snuggles and kisses made it worth it. It didn't hurt that he was also around to prepare Bryson's bottle and bring me some breakfast while I fed the baby!

After he left for work, and the bottle was empty...we had some extra time. We didn't need to get into our normal morning routine because it was still SO early. We "chatted" with each other about what we wanted to do today. We got some extra snuggles. We MAY have even dozed off for a few minutes in the chair. It was an early morning...but it was a slow morning.

Yeah, we got up two hours earlier than normal. But that just means I got two extra hours today to hold, love, and kiss my baby today. I should count myself lucky.

xoxo, wife (& mommy)

1 comment: