Monday, January 27, 2020

Weekly Recap 4

Monday: Monday was MLK Day so Ty had the day off! We spent the extra day just hanging out around the house, enjoying having him home with us. Ty's parents came over to babysit and we had a date night. We went to Olive Garden, Ulta, and the bookstore. While we were gone, Bryson got to Face Time with his cousins and his favorite aunt! Then we came home to put our little peanut to bed.






Tuesday: After a 4 day weekend with Ty home, it was time to get back into our routine! We headed out to Target (where else?!) so that I could replenish some things we needed around the house and get some steps in. We were stopped by a few Target employees who commented on how large his cheeks are! He was a bit fussy at first, but once he had his bottle, he was a happy camper. He was actually in a great mood the majority of the day! We got home, had some Tummy Time/regular play time, then it was time for another bottle and nap time. Ty brought home a toy for Bryson and a Starbucks drink for me, we played, then bed time for baby, and "This is Us" for mom and dad. All in all, Tuesday was good to us. 





Wednesday: Bryson was very chatty and had lots of drool today! Mimi came over to visit after a mid-morning cat nap. She stayed and we played until his afternoon nap time. Ty has volleyball on Wednesdays, so it was just us in the evening. We had lots of play time, then a bath, book, and bed!





Thursday: Bryson woke up in a great mood today! Lots of chattering and giggles. We headed back to Target to get out of the house for awhile. On the way home, we drove by the scene of an accident that had happened right before Christmas. A mother and her 3 children had ended up in a pond, and two of her children died. The baby is about the same age as Bryson and survived. The last update I heard was that the mother is no longer in a coma, and is beginning to recognize family members who are coming to visit, but still has a long road ahead of her. Their family has been heavy on my heart since I heard about it, so I decided to pull over and pray for them. I don't think I've ever done something like that before, but I just felt compelled. I think about the poor father, who had lost two of his children and has a wife in critical condition...all while taking care of an infant. I think about the mother, who needs so much healing...and if she happens to recover completely, will learn the awful news that two of her babies have been taken from her. I can't imagine what they're going through. 

We had some playtime and snuggles when we got home, and then it was time for Bryson's nap. My parents came over this evening for pizza and B-Time! They stayed until it was time for bed.















Friday: Ty's day off! We spent the morning lounging around, and then Bryson and I went to the grocery store. (Grocery stop #1 for the day.) The weather was nasty, so we headed home after that to play. Ty spent the day hauling branches out of our yard from a tree we had cut down. He stopped by the lot on his way home and saw that our yard had been graded.

 Bryson took a long nap today, which was good, because my parents called to see if we wanted to go to Costco this evening (Grocery stop #2 for the day.) I wore Bryson in the carrier and he loved looking around at everything...so much to see there! Then it was home for a little play time and then bed!







Saturday: Today was a day of absolutely nothing. I typically feel like a total bum if I don't get out of the house during the day, but it was wet and snowy, so we stayed in. Lots of play, snuggles, and tv. 




Sunday: My little booger woke up EARLY today! I believe we got out of bed around 4:50am...yikes! We went to church, and then Ty had basketball during nap time. I spent my alone time watching coverage of Kobe Bryant's accident. Ty came home and told me about the death of a childhood friend as well. It's so sad to hear of these dads who are leaving behind grieving wives and children. It's such a good reminder for the rest of us that tomorrow is never guaranteed and that we need to make sure we cherish our loved ones. 


PS. Bryson snuggled with me for about 20 minutes after his post-nap bottle this afternoon, which hasn't been happening as often anymore, because he likes to be up and around. I loved it!

Until next week!

xoxo, wife (& mommy)



1 comment:

  1. This was so wonderful, I loved all of it.
    Love you guys
    Grandma Sue

    ReplyDelete