I typically do the grocery shopping.
And I think I'm fairly efficient. I get what we need/
what I want for a reasonable amount.
I can count on one hand the number of times Ty has accompanied me.
This is normally because of 2 reasons:
1. We argue about the kinds of food to get. I want junk food, he doesn't.
I like brand-names. He doesn't.
2. He is a boy and doesn't know HOW to grocery shop.
But today, I had to take my car to Wal-Mart to get a tire looked at after church, so Hubs joined me for the grocery shopping while we waited.
The following events happened while shopping with my husband:
1. We purchased the largest jar of pickles known to man...no one needs THAT many pickles.
2. He rode on the cart like a little boy.
3. He got distracted by meat and made us skip 4 AISLES that we had to turn around and go back to. (I like to go up and down each aisle...in order.)
4. While I was trying to find something in one of the aisles, my darling husband proceeded to yell my name as loudly as he possibly could to get my attention.
5. He wanted to pick out the eggs. He was more concerned about checking the sell-by date on the carton, than actually looking at the eggs inside. When I made him check the eggs that he'd already put in the cart, he opened it up...only to find that about 4 of the eggs inside were cracked. DUH.
6. When we went to pay, the total was ALMOST TWICE what I typically pay when I go by myself....
Which is why I think I'll go back to shopping by myself from now on. All that, and it turns out there was nothing even wrong with my tire...go figure :)