Thursday, January 12, 2012

sick again?

I feel like I've been sick since August.
Being a first year teacher definitely has a major downfall: sickness.
Your immune system isn't quite up to snuff yet, with all those gross, germy, snot-nosed precious children that breathe on you all day.
So I basically get sick every few weeks. And its getting old.

I've been sick for a few days now, so really at this point, all that's left is a stuffy nose and exhaustion.
But Ty HATES my stuffy nose.
He HATES when I sniff it all up (because it clearly won't come out the other way when I blow it.)
He HATES listening to me try to blow my nose, only to sound like some kind of strange instrument.
When he's sick, he uses a neti pot. Cue hallelujah music. (Oh brother.)

If you don't know what a neti pot is, its basically a teapot. You shove the spout in one nostril and pour hot water in it, and IT COMES OUT THE OTHER NOSTRIL! Ugh! Seriously! I am thouroughly grossed out by this.


(I'm totally sure the girl in this picture appreciates that she came up in my google search, and now appears very unattractively in my blog.)

And Ty wants me to do this! Yeah right!
He says I need to do it because I'll feel better and stuff.
But ya know what? I'm okay...I would honestly rather suffer through not being able to breathe than shove a tea pot up my snotty nostril, thank you very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment