Sunday, January 6, 2013

5 thoughts i'll inevitably have tomorrow.

**Tear**
Christmas Break has officially come to a close.
Those had to be the two fastest weeks known to man.
And while I missed my little munchkins quite a bit, I could definitely use a few more days of lounge time.
{Come on, Summer!}
That being said, please allow me to take this time to share with you a few thoughts I'll likely have tomorrow upon my return to work.
 
1. It's only been two weeks! Have they seriously forgotten EVERY behavioral expectation in this classroom?
It's a sad truth. The week after Christmas Break is spent reteaching a lot of the rules and procedures that you spend the first month of school teaching them. And it can be very discouraging to know that it is Janurary, and you're going back over stuff they clearly picked up on way back in August.
 
 
2. I have to pee. And I'm hungry.
Over a long break, you get used to using the bathroom and eating whenever you want to.
Not the case when you're teaching.
You can only use the bathroom and eat when you have a free moment.
Which means I pee once a day (if I'm lucky.)
And I scarf down my lunch during my 25ish minute lunch break.
Did I mention that my lunch is at 10:45?
So come 4:00, I'm starving...and ready for dinner.
 
 
3. I was totally not prepared for today.
I had every intention of going into work over break and getting AHEAD.
But that is not possible if you don't have access to a working printer/copy machine.
No one is fixing it until we're back to school.
Which means that I currently do not have anything ready for tomorrow.


4. I miss my jeans.
My jeans and I have formed a pretty close relationship over the past couple weeks.
And now I have to bust the slacks back out.
Dang.
I'm still planning on wearing the Uggs though.
I just can't bear to part with them.
Hopefully no one will notice.
 
5. Boy am I glad to see these little faces.
It's inevitable. Even if I'm in a crappy, "Dang, I have to go back to work," mood, my kinders have a knack for cheering me up. The things they say, the things they do, and the rate at which they're learning is more than enough to turn my sour mood into a better one.
 
I'll miss my relaxing down time, but I'll be grateful to get back in the swing of things.
We'll get to the halfway point in the year this week!
It's going fast.
 
xoxo, wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment