Thursday, January 17, 2013

so i bent down to pick up my pen...

...and I ripped my freaking pants!

 
 
Seriously?!
Dropping that dang pen proved to be a mistake.
The pants weren't even too tight!
In fact, they were too loose!
 
Luckily, this happened at 3:55, and I'm allowed to leave at 4.
The kids were gone...thankfully.
(That would have been a nightmare in a class with 24 5-year-olds.
I ran to my teaching partner's room and asked if she could tell.
Duh.
She could totally tell.
And could totally see my zebra undies.
Then she proceeded to laugh hysterically at me for 10 minutes.
 
Now, a NORMAL person would take their "ripped-pants-clad" self home.
BUT...
I had a lot of stuff to get done before tomorrow.
And if you know me at all, you know that I do NOT want to sacrifice my sleep time in the morning just to get to work early.
So instead of going home, I tied my WINTER COAT around my waist (circa 1992.)
And I walked into the copy room with my head held high (kind of) and prepared for tomorrow.
I stayed at work until 5:30.
If you're keeping track, that means that I spent an hour and thirty-five minutes at work with pants ripped from my crotch all the way back to my butt.
I even interacted with my co-workers, who I'm sure are now questioning my sense of fashion.
 
Once I felt prepared enough to leave, I did.
And on this chilly, 30 degree day...
I must say that there was quite a draft on my way out to the car.
 
Rest in peace, khaki pants.
Oh, how I will miss you.
 
xoxo, wife.


1 comment: