Thursday, January 24, 2013

bullet point updates.

  • Hunting season is officially over. I am now allowed to use regular laundry detergeant again, so all seems right with the world.
  • At school, we are now officially over halfway through the school year. My students are doing really well, and I am working my butt off to receive a bonus in June.
  • Ty has geared up for another weight loss competition at work. Last time he lost 40 or 50 pounds, so he doesn't have a ton left to lose, but is still working hard.
  • I am officially addicted to Netflix. I think I have a problem. I use to rarely watch tv, and now I'm watching it all the time. I'm currently going back to my high school days and watching Dawson's Creek. I will not admit how many hours I watched on MLK day...but I will say it was a lot.
  • Recently, we decided we need to play games more often. So we sat down the other day and played Trouble. You know...the game for kids? And the competition was pretty fierce.
  • We are still sleeping with the fan on at night. In January. With temps outside in the negatives. Ty puts off an insane amount of body heat at night, and I would die if there wasn't a breeze in the room.
  • We've been going through incredible amounts of tiny marshmallows lately. I buy them for hot chocolate...but somehow, every time I go to make a cup, there are mysteriously no tiny marshmallows. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I caught Ty eating them out of the container with a SPOON the other day.

  • Even in January, we still occasionally find one of those stink bugs in the house. And Abby is terrified of them. If one flys around and makes a buzzing sound, she will either run from the room and go hide under our bed...or she will come to one of us, shaking uncontrollably for about 15 minutes.
  • I have found a V8 drink that I actually like, and have been taking a can to work to have with lunch every day. I'm actually getting some vegetables in, people. This is big news.
  • Remember my 1000 Gifts Journal I'm keeping? Well it's the end of January, and I'm over 100 moments I've been thankful for.
  • We had our first Code Red (Intruder) drill that my school has ever done, in the light of Sandy Hook. I have to admit, explaining to 5 year olds about why we were hiding in the classroom with the lights off was NOT the most pleasant thing I've ever done, but I am beyond grateful that we will be making this a monthly thing.

Just trying to keep you (and my future self) updated on what's going on.

xoxo, wife.

3 comments:

  1. Stink bugs are still showing up in our house too. Just killed one the other day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stink bugs are still showing up in our house too. Just killed one the other day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tiny marshmellows have a chance now....as they're nothing but sugar and shouldn't be ate like I used to do.

    ReplyDelete