Thursday, June 7, 2012

life lately via my cell phone

It's been crazy this past week. Here are some snapshots from my phone:

Husband and father-in-law took down several parts of our fence last weekend in preparation for putting up a new fence this summer. While he did that...I did this:

Stayed inside and worked on final report cards. I have to say, it was really sad to type in the comments section: "Congratulations on graduating from Kindergarten! I'm so proud of you! Good luck next year in first grade." Multiply that by 19, and I was a teary mess by the end of it.

Since the school year was coming to an end, I had to pack everything up so that the walls can be painted over the summer. So here is the "before:"


And here is the "after:"


When I left school today at the end of my first year of teaching, I just stood in the middle of this room. So many things (good and bad) happened in this room in the last 10 months. Its such a bittersweet thing. (I realize I probably sound like an emotional basket case...so I'll spare you with my Kindergarten Graduation sob stories.)

In the stress of the end of the year, I decided to enjoy a relaxing Sunday by spending some time relaxing out back on our deck. I didn't realize I had been out there quite this long...


No...I'm not wearing a white tank top...those are my burn lines. Ouch. So then I began a pretty serious relationship with this stuff:


Thank you, CVS...you probably saved my life.

And that's pretty much all my phone has to say about life around here lately.
Happy Summer Vacation to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment