Wednesday, December 19, 2012

i'd say that pretty much sums it up.

 
Two more days...
two more days.
It's been a crazy, and hectic week before Christmas break.
EVERYONE is ready for some time off.
I recently found a poem about what we're all going through.
I'd say it hits pretty close to home right about now :)
 
'Twas the Week Before Christmas
by Amy Oelschlag
 
'Twas the week before Christmas and all through the school,
The teachers were trying to just keep their cool!
Kids' papers aren’t finished, they don’t want to work,
And when I try to make them, I feel like a jerk!
I’m tired, I’m cranky these kids have it coming,
But I stop and think, what a Scrooge I’m becoming!
So I tune out their chatter and I try to enjoy
The last days before Christmas with each girl and boy
They are so excited, and buzz with holiday cheer,
An then strange homemade presents begin to appear
Be-glittered and fashioned with craft sticks and glue
And of course there’s a “Best Teacher” mug… or two
The last day, they come as candy crazed creatures
But then it’s TWO WEEKS of break…
I love being a teacher!
 

Two more days...
two more days.
 
xoxo, wife :)

No comments:

Post a Comment