Monday, April 15, 2013

have you ever wondered about our honeymoon?

I'm assuming you probably have.
Because who wouldn't?
I mean, we're this crazy popular couple, and I'm sure you've spent many a night lying awake in the wee hours of the morning thinking, I wonder how Ty and Lisa's honeymoon was.
Where did they go?
What did they do?
How long were they gone?

Well today, I will answer those questions that have been keeping you up at night.

We got married on a Saturday.
Best day of my entire freaking life!
I was 22 and Hubs had just turned 24.

Sunday morning, we went to my parents' to open all our gifts, and then we hit the open road for our honeymoon. Ty's family had gotten together and paid for a cabin in Gatlinburg, TN, tucked intp the Smokey Mountains. It was about a 10 hour road trip. Probably the longest amount of time we'd ever been trapped in an enclosed space with each other with no way to escape. But we were newlyweds, so we powered through.



Highlights of our Trip:

+The Ripley Aquarium. Where we got to see my favorite sea animal: The Jelly Fish! Plus cute puffer fish and penguins.





 +Horseback riding through the Smokey Mountains. (Where I may or may not have fallen off my horse...who was a cousin of the Clydesdales. So it might have been a doozy of a drop. I might have bruised both my body and my ego. I may also have cried from embarrassment the entire rest of the ride...good thing it was sunny and I could hide behind my sunglasses.)

+ Ripley's Museum.

+ Antique shopping.

+Riding a ski lift to the top of a mountain.


+Shopping in all the fun little shops downtown.

+The Titanic Museum

+Beating my new husband at mini-golf for the first time ever! (or since.)






 + The Museum of Salt and Pepper Shakers...
+ Spending time at the river.

+Lounging in the hot tub at our cabin.

+Coming home and getting to start our life together as a married couple!

It was a great time. And now I'm thinking we definitely need to go on another vacation, STAT.
Hubs, get on that...ok?

xoxo wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment